One of the reasons we launched Passage was to provide an outlet for the sort of views you won’t find in corporate media. We’ve felt happy with the progress we’ve made on this front, so here are 10 articles in particular that we think are representative of what we’ve done:
- The Alcohol Industry Is A Threat To Public Health That Must Be Fought by James Wilt, published on January 7.
- The Left Shouldn’t Hesitate To Confront Porn Corporations by Mila Ghorayeb, published on January 14.
- Find Out If Your Political Representatives Are Landlords by Davide Mastracci, published on March 18.
- Ontario’s Journalists Have Failed To Hold Doug Ford Accountable by Robert Hiltz, published on April 13.
- Media Has Ignored The Anti-Vax Movement’s White Supremacist Roots by Nora Loreto, published on April 7.
- The ‘Big Reset’ Plans Deep Austerity For Newfoundland And Labrador by Paris Marx, published on May 14.
- The Invisible Africa by Matthew Amha, published on May 18.
- I Was Fired For Criticizing Israel. Now I Dig Holes For A Living by Kevin Metcalf, published on July 6.
- Encampment Evictions: Toronto’s Attack On Class Consciousness by Nazanin Zarepour, published on August 17.
- British Columbia’s Vaccine Card Rollout Abandons Workers by V. S. Wells, published on September 16.
This list is taken from our 2021 Transparency Report, which we encourage all readers to check out.
We are also in the midst of our end of year membership drive, so please consider supporting us.
Now that you’re here, we need your help.
You made it to the bottom of this story which means you care about independent left media. So we have a favour to ask.
Our nonprofit journalism is funded by readers. Not ads. Not corporations. And no paywalls limiting journalism based on your paycheque.
This independence means we publish stories you won’t find at corporate, mainstream outlets. But that means in order for left independent media to survive, we need readers like you who support our journalism to contribute.